Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day Nails- Day 2

Happy Sunday to all! Yesterday I was so busy and tired I didn't get a chance to do another look, so I'm going to change what I said yesterday...SO, today, February 12 is Day 2 of my Valentine's Day Nails, and yesterday being the first (not Friday like I had originally said).  Kade woke up with a bad cough at 2 a.m. and needless to say I'm very tired and still getting ready to begin again on Monday...yay! That' quite a note- I spend my weekend getting ready for the following week- guess that's life, huh?
So, without further ado, my second look:

To create this look I started out with Color Club Stuck On You basecoat. I think I like it better than Orly Bonder. It does that same job, but Orly seems to  be more rubbery and CC looks shinier and not as sticky if that makes sense. Then I used one coat of Color Club French Tip, which is just an opaque white. I then applied 2 coats of Revlon Popular (formerly known as Starry Pink- was released with Whimsical and a few others), which I bought a while back, but haven't used yet.  I saw this and knew it was out of season, but I just couldn't get my mind off of it, and there were only 2 left in the ULTA where I saw it, and knew if I didn't get it, I would regret it.  It's a light sheer pink with silver hexagon glitter and some silver mini glitter.  I wanted to use white so it would bring out the light pink in Popular. The first time I tried this I failed and it was so sticky and clumpy that I had to start over. I had to be more patient this time and let this sit for like an hour- so I thought it would be a opportune time to take a short nap lol.

So, I knew I wanted to try using my dotting tools and paint something simple.Well, what's easier to draw than a heart! So, I picked out my colors- first I outlined the heart with Sephora by OPI Queen of Everything, then using the same size dotting tool, I then used Color Club Hot Like Lava to paint the inside of the heart. I love this color, as you can see in the above pic, it's a foil color (part of the CC Foiled Collection), and has a bit of pink shimmer in it. Finally, I let that dry and took some light pink rhinestones and put on the edge of each heart. I topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat, of course. Voile!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. These are so hot! Love the rhinestones! :) I tagged you here:
    http://www.thenailpolishguru.com/2012/02/nail-polish-tag.html

    ReplyDelete